Tuesday 1 December 2009

Experimenting with text types for title

I was experimenting with particular fonts which resembles the title of my music magazine. For example, 'Funky' has a really crazy, wacky aspect to it, therefore I chose quite spontaneous fonts, some of the fonts almost looking like handwriting. Below are some of the texts I created:









Below are two different fonts which I really liked and I found it difficult choosing which text I would use for my final title font. Therefore I decided to put both the fonts together to make 'Funky' and 'Fuse' stand out from each other. The 'Funky' word would be the handwriting text shown below (2), emphasising on the 'Funky'. Then for the 'Fuse' I decided on using the other font shown (1), which looks mechanic, modern and musical which again emphasises on the 'Fuse' which is a technical aspect to music, which could resemble, an amp-fuse for example.

1.

2.

Below is the basic title text I am using for my music magazine, however I am still working with it therefore this is a only the basic outline of my text:

2 comments:

  1. You talk in your plan about how your magazine is aimed primarily at women. Do you think this is reflected in your choice of font?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think so, because of the type of colours I chose to use. I think these days in the 21st century, women aren't shown to be as stereotypically feminine as they used to be in the media industry.

    ReplyDelete