Friday 15 January 2010

Contents page


This is the contents page for my music magazine. I wanted it to connect with my article and front cover by using very similar colours, as well as the 'star' brush pattern I have used on every page which almost acts as a logo/symbol for my magazine.

The image of Rihanna was taken by me when I recently went to one of her concerts at the 02 Arena. I think it works well as the photo was taken from the audiences perspective, almost as though the reader of the magazine is really seeing her in person too. The image of 'Fenix Taylor' was also taken by me of a friend, which relates to the article too as she plays the role of a UK artist. On the bottom left of the contents page, there is a photograph which includes, myself and my cousins playing the role of the show 'X Factor' winners. Unfortunately, as I was included in the photo I wasn't able to take the picture myself, therefore I got someone to take it for me on how I wanted it to look. I think all the imagery works well together, by using different camera shots and different sizes, organizing them on the page neatly by cropping and manipulating them on Photoshop.

I thought of different pages which could be included in my magazine to give my contents page a more interesting, realistic feel. For example, 'Primark VS River Island', I thought of this idea because shopping now especially through this ecological crisis with the recession is a major downfall for many people, therefore consumers are choosing to shop at cheaper stores such as Primark. I thought this would be original to include in my magazine, making the readers get involved by sending in their thoughts, for example. Another page I created was, 'Rihanna’s drastic change. Is her new image better than her good girl act?'. This is because Rihanna has recently become popular within different genres through the music industry, especially after her dramatic trauma with RnB star Chris Brown, and her image and style of music has completely changed from her very first album when she was just a teenager.

The editors letter I also included which welcomes the readers, as well as making the contents page look more realistic as I discovered many magazines within the industry include this.

Overall, I think I am fairly happy with how my contents page has turned out. I think that it fits in well with the genre of my magazine, and could really engage the target audience I chose.


Below is the final contents page I created. I just added some extra page numbers with features, as I thought I should add some more Funky House and Garage artists:


No comments:

Post a Comment